Saturday, August 10, 2013

WHEN: FALL OUT BOY IN MANILA / SAVE ROCK AND ROLL WORLD TOUR 2013

I never thought this day would come, when I would finally get to watch one of my all time favorite band perform live! After a four-year hiatus, Fall Out Boy rocked the music scene once again with a world tour for their new album Save Rock And Roll! F.O.B. Live In Manila 2013 happened last August 08 at the Smart Araneta Coliseum!



I remembered being so devastated as I sit down outside Araneta watching the rest excitedly line up for Fall Out Boy's concert here in Manila last 2007. This was their first time here in the country and it was even a two-night concert promoting the album Infinity On High. The second time was in 2009 for the Folie a Deux World Tour, and again I wasn't there to support them. Probably Fall Out Boy reunited to give me that chance to finally bring the dream to life. 

Arrived at the moshpit area past the said concert time which is 8PM. Typecast was already performing on stage as the main event's front act.
photo from Typecast's FB page
You could hear loud screams as Fall Out Boy finally came on stage. They started the night with a reminder to step backwards as to avoid injuries, as a woman fainted from the moshpit area already even before the band even came out! 

They started the night perfectly with "Thriller". The guys beside me went crazy and started jumping as early as the first few notes of the song! As the band continued to sing their hits from the latest album, these same guys beside me also continued slamming each other! I was encouraged to drop all hesitations and rocked each song with gusto as well! 

I am very delighted to see Patrick Stump in person! It is really inspiring how he was able to lose that much weight and still maintain it. 


photo from http://www.myxph.com

The band told the crowd how they truly love the country, reminiscing on their previous visits. Patrick Stump talked about his quarter Filipina wife saying: "Thanks for always welcoming us and thank you (Philippines), for I guess my wife wouldn't exist without you". 


photo from http://www.myxph.com
I am very very happy that finally I got to support their concert. I was jumping, screaming and losing myself that night, especially when they performed their old hits like "This Ain't A Scene, It's An Arms Race", "Hum Hallelujah", "Sugar, We're Goin Down", and "Dance Dance". I personally love their previous album more, but I still got the energy to enjoy the new ones like "Alone Together", "My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark (Light 'Em Up)", "Young Volcanoes" down to their encore songs!

Fall Out Boy also did some picture taking with the crowd, same as when The Script had their world tour last March. 
photo from F.O.B.s Instagram
photo from F.O.B.'s Instagram
Some of the celebrities spotted in the event were Binibining Pilipinas winners Ariella Arida and Pia Wurtzbach, Ervic Vijandre, and Rico Robles.

I do hope they would continue visiting the country, meaning releasing new albums as well. I did miss them and many of their fans did too for sure! I don't care if they sound like Panic At The Disco or whether watching their concert would mean joining the young kids screaming for them. Fall Out Boy will forever be attached to my rock and roll high school memories! Let me end this with Pete Wentz's touching message to the crowd:


“We went away for a couple of years. We needed to re-energize and figure out where we fit in. The thing is, in pop culture, where’s the anti-heroes—the bands who will stand up for the weirdos? This was the essential reason for Fall Out Boy to come back—to be the anti-heroes (and to remind you) what if there’s something special about you?”





About faorani

You Might Also Like

0 comments:

Post a Comment