Wednesday, July 15, 2015

WHO: ELY BUENDIA / WHAT IT FEELS LIKE TO SHOOT THE EHEADS FRONT MAN

ely buendiaely buendia

ELY BUENDIA / WHAT IT FEELS LIKE TO SHOOT THE EHEADS FRONT MAN

This is probably the third time I will have a post published with photos of Ely Buendia in it, with Sony's very first silent concert in the country being my closest encounter with him. How I wish I can consider this photoshoot as the nearest I could ever be with him though, but the lucky stars are over photographer Adrian Gonzales so I'll just have to envy him for as long as I consider Buendia as the hottest OPM vocalist, next to Gab Alipe (waaah).

How does it feels like then to shoot the rock legend frontman of Eraserheads? Adrian recounts the opportunity:





ely buendia

"Working with Ely was a privilege. To be able to set schedule and take time off his busy schedule, parang... wow. So yes, nakakastarstruck na nakakaexcite na nakakagulat. I remember Splice Magazine messaging me to say na we're shooting for cover, As it was, medyo exciting because shooting covers is sort of a big deal when you're a photog haha for reasons I'm not sure of kung bakit, pero ganun haha.

ely buendia

Tapos ayun, nung sinabi na si Ely, parang wow. Intense! Yung taong naririnig ko ang mga songs nung prep ako.., yung Eraserheads, shet! Ma-shoshoot ko now! Haha. And as expected, he didn't disappoint.

ely buendia

He knows his angles, he knows his image and brand very well. He projected himself infront of the cam like the icon that he is. But what's even more interesting is how he was behind cam, sobrang goofy lang niya and laid back. Chill! He rocked simple tees so well.

ely buendiaely buendia


If given the chance to photograph him a bit, I would say YES. haha. I want to see how he'd do in something a little more artsy. That'd be a dream!" - @photobyadrian




About faorani

You Might Also Like

0 comments:

Post a Comment