Saturday, November 1, 2014

WHO / WHEN: GREASE MANILA RERUN - WHICH HIGH SCHOOL STEREOTYPE ARE YOU



GREASE MANILA RERUN - WHICH HIGH SCHOOL STEREOTYPE ARE YOU?


"If you could rerun a part of your life, what would it be and why?"

This was the question asked during the presscon at the Palm Grove Rockwell Club for 9 Works Theatrical's Grease, showing on Nov.15 to Dec.7, 2014 at the RCBC Plaza Makati. The media, guests, and even the artists themselves got the chance to answer the question - and quite a hard question I must say. 

But with musicals like Grease, don't you just wanna go back to being high school when life was a lot simple and complicated at the same time? Because the 1950s and the present doesn't make a difference, high school is the stage for freedom, rebellion and search for identity, and these moments will always be fun to relive over and over again! So, who were you back then? The Sandy Dumbrowski, Betty Rizzo, or Danny Zuko of the class? Get to know the new cast of Grease Manila and find yourself relating to each of their characters...


DISCLAIMER: The photo above is not an official art card of 9 Works Theatrical for Grease. I just edited it because it looks like I just captured a class picture, with their adviser (Director Robbie Guevara wearing red on the right side) quite very thankful to end a stressful school year HAHA.






They say a movie is a success when it demands a sequel, and so a broadway musical affirms to the statement when it has to do a rerun. 9 Works Theatrical's adaptation of Jim Jacobs and Warren Casey's Grease won the Philstage Gawad Buhay Award for Outstanding Production of an Existing Material last year, and this year expect the timeless love story of the 50s to swing a notch as Director Robie Guevara promises a younger, bolder and more energetic performance!


Grease Musical Manila
L - R: Director Robie Guevara and Executive Producer Santi Santamaria


Of course what better way to start a broadway musical presscon but to have a performance from the cast! We are privileged to get a sneak peak of some of their acts. 



The media is only allowed to share 30seconds of the performance and I opted to pick what I think is the most impressive and entertaining part for "We Go Together" :)



They then sat down for the question and answer. It was a fun conversation between the press and the cast.




Now for the "class pictures"! I could tell how the cast had bonded a lot because of Grease Manila, and I am sure it will be a reflection of their musical's credibility on portraying the friendship that is formed between love, hate, rebellion, and acceptance among the students of Rydell High.




WHICH HIGH SCHOOL STEREOTYPE ARE YOU?

Now, which High School stereotype are you back then? Coincidentally I loved participating on theatre productions during my high school and college days. I would fortunately get the main roles in high school, but then competition went steep in college and so I landed on supporting roles. But kiber, I still gave my 101% O.A. acting! I used to love acting so much there was even a time I had a musical production for CCP, a theatre play for school, and a small role for a Cinemalaya entry all at the same time! I jumped from one rehearsal schedule to another that I almost got confused with my real self and the characters I portray, LOL! Yup classify me as the "bibo kid" student! ;)




THE MAIN CAST



THE T-BIRDS



THE PINK LADIES



AND THE OTHER CASTS






Catch 9 Works Theatrical's GREASE coming this November 15 - December 7, 2014 
at the RCBC Plaza, Makati City. 

For ticket inquiries Pls call / email
0917-5545560 or 586-7105 
info@9workstheatrical.com 






View RCBC Plaza in a larger map









About faorani

You Might Also Like

0 comments:

Post a Comment